View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
PMP9088 is a 6W USB Adapter reference design using the UCC28722 quasi-resonant discontinuous PSR flyback controller and ST13003 NPN power transistor, which illustrates the use of BJT power switches in AC/DC chargers and related industrial power supply applications. This reference design converts 100V to 240V RMS input voltage down to 5V DC, with a typical current limit of 1.35A for USB adapter applications.
- 100V to 240V RMS Input, 5V 1.2A Output
- USB Adaptor in Cube form factor, 20mm X 21mm X 20mm
- Topology Isolated Discontinuous/Quasi Resonant Flyback
- UCC28722 Constant Current, Constant Voltage Flyback
- ST13003 NPN power transistor for Flyback power switch
- External trickle charge circuit for start-up