This reference design generates a 5V/10A output from a standard telecom 48V DC input. The UCC2897A controls an active clamp forward converter power stage. The low gate charge and low RDSon of the CSD17309Q3 and CSD18540Q5B, implemented as self-driven synchronous rectifiers, allow this design to achieve a max load efficiency over 93%. This design uses only ceramic output capacitors for high reliability and uses 100% surface mount components. The board is laid out on a standard eighth brick footprint.
- Industry standard 1/8 Brick Footprint, 0.9" x 2.3" (23mm x 58mm)
- High efficiency (greater than 93%)
- All ceramic output capacitors
- Self-driven synchronous rectifiers reduce drive complexity
- 100% surface mount components
- Low profile - 0.35" (9mm) maximum top side component height