The reference design provides a battery charging solution for a 6V, 4.7AH Lead Acid battery with a simple charging algorithm implemented using the DC/DC Buck converter LM46001. Such batteries are widely used in industrial and consumer applications such as digital weigh scales. The design is done for 300mA of constant current charging (and thereof tapering of current) which can be changed by modifying the current sense resistor. The feedback is modified using very low cost discrete devices to achieve the charging algorithm.
- Proven Charging Algorithm implemented
- Adjustable Frequency Range - 200KHz to 2.2MHz
- Integrated Synchronous Rectification
- Internal Compensation
- Precsion Enable to Program system UVLO
- Output Short Circuit Protection with Hiccup mode