View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
PMP9461 is a reference design with complete power and gate drive requirements for grid tie solar microinverters. The major goal of the reference design is to acheive significant integration and perfomance enhancement in gate drive as well as the bias supply segment of microInverters. The solution features SM72295 (full bridge gate driver with integrated current sense), SM74101 (7A Sink/3A source single driver), SM72482 (5A dual low side driver), LM5017 (as primary and secondary bias supply provider), and again the LM5017 for powering up the drivers in DC/AC section of inverters. All bias supplies are generated using cost effective and highly efficent Fly-BuckTM topology.
- Full bridge configuration of driver reduces component count
- 100V integrated diodes in driver allow higher input voltage rail and transients
- High integration with internal current sensing with no external current amplifier needed.
- Dual half-bridge 100V, 3A MOSFET drivers
- Simple, low BOM count, and low cost design for bias supply
- Removes the need of external adapters for isolated bias power