View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
PMP9484 is a 100W highly efficient and compact automotive amplifier reference design which can be used in 50W +50W stereo or 100W woofer applications. The design is broadly divided into three main stages:
1.) Highly efficient single-phase synchronous boost converter using the LM5122 controller IC. The design accepts an input voltage of 7.5Vin to 20Vin (12Vin nominal) and provides an output of 24V capable of supplying 5A of continuous current to the load. The peak efficiency acheived is 98 percent.
2.) 50W+ 50W stereo audio amplifier with TPA3116D2 Class D device
3.) Very low cost stereo input to woofer bass input conversion
- Synchronous rectification in boost for very high efficiency
- Ultra-low footprint area for LM5122
- Actual power stage combo with highly efficient class D amplifier
- Single speaker (woofer), dual speaker (stereo) support in the design
- Low Vin support for automotive application