View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
PMP9486 is a four output Fly-Buck converter for driving isolated driver stages (GND wrt high side sources) in DC/AC section of high frequency commercial or residential inverters (eg. solar micro inverters) using the LM5017 regulator IC. The design accepts an input voltage of 20Vin to 40Vin DC (from single panel in microinverters or 12V/24V batteries) and provides isolated outputs of 14.5V, 9V @100mA (referenced to same ground). It features a small size and is an inexpensive and more efficient solution for using Fly-Back or Push-Pull converters. High efficiency of 88% is acheived at 100mA load on each of the outputs.
- Simple, low BOM-count, and low-cost design
- No external loop compensation
- Off the shelf magnetics
- Transient protect with no clamping circuitry
- Efficiency of 88% at 100mA load on each outputs
- Removes the need for external adapters in inverters