This reference design provides an isolated 12V/36W output from a universal AC input range with over 89% peak efficiency. The UCC24610 synchronous rectifier controller and CSD19531Q5A FET reduce the rectifier loss and provide high efficiency with a minimal increase in cost. The UCC28740 flyback controller uses a combination of peak current modulation and frequency modulation to maintain excellent efficiency at lighter loads and minimize no load power consumption. The current regulation feature of the UCC28740 provides accurate current limit protection. This compact design consumes a volume of only 2.0" x 2.0" x 0.75".
- Compact AC/DC adaptor design (2.0" x 2.0" x 0.75")
- Synchronous rectification for high efficiency (>89% peak, 88.7% average)
- Accurate current limiting
- Consumes less than 150mW power at no load to qualify for 4-star EC IPP Mobile device charger rating
- Less than 150ms start-up time at full-load