View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
This reference design describes a backup power circuit which addresses instantaneous protection against power interruptions by using a buck-boost converter and a backup capacitor. The implementation is based on a completely integrated TPS63060 buck-boost converter circuit enabling a small total solution size. This configuration has been tested with a full test report and operation explanation.
- Wide useable backup-capacitor voltage range (2.5-12V) results in smaller backup capacitance and solution size
- No glitches at the transition from main power to backup power operation
- Backup-capacitor type and size are selectable to meet backup power needs
- Up to 10 Watt output power
- Small and highly efficient single converter solution
- Support of pulsed loads connected to a weak supply