View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
This reference design includes a complete power management solution for a standalone emergency call (eCall) system in an automotive environment. The circuit is supplied directly from the car battery rail. It also manages a backup battery to power the eCall system while the car battery rail is not available. It includes power path management which routes the available power rail directly to four DC/DC converters which are supplying the required functional blocks of the eCall system. The solution is optimized to operate at maximum efficiency while powered from the backup battery.
- Complete power solution for an automotive eCall system
- Operating input voltage range up to 40V
- Provides supply voltage for all required eCall functional blocks
- Up to 87% total efficiency while operating at backup power
- Up to 84% total efficiency in standby at backup power
- All DC/DC converters used can operate at switching frequencies above 2MHz