Power Stage Designer™ Tool of Most Commonly Used Switch-mode Power Supplies
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
Power Stage DesignerTM is a JAVA based tool that helps engineers accelerate their power-supply designs by calculating voltages and currents of 20 topologies according to the user’s inputs. Additionally, Power Stage Designer contains a Bode plotting tool and a toolbox with various functions to make power supply design easier. Because all calculations are executed in real time, this is the quickest tool to start a new power supply design.
- Topology Window – Provides topology information and component waveforms based on input parameters
- FET Losses Calculator – Compares the performance of different FETs
- Capacitor Current Sharing Calculator – Displays how RMS current is distributed among parallel capacitors
- AC/DC-Bulk Capacitor Calculator – Helps to select the right bulk capacitance for AC/DC-power supplies
- RC-Snubber Calculator for Rectifiers – Assists with choosing the right RC-snubber values to reduce ringing across rectifiers
- RCD-Snubber Calculator for Flyback Converters – Helps to reduce switching node ringing in flyback converters
- Output Voltage Resistor Divider Calculator – Calculates the output feedback resistor divider
- Dynamic Analog Output Voltage Scaling Calculator – Provides the resistance values for the output feedback network to support output voltage variation
- Dynamic Digital Output Voltage Scaling Calculator - Includes the resistance values for the output feedback network to support output voltage variation
- Unit Converter – Converts different power supply related units
- Loop Calculator – Helps to determine the compensation network for different topologies