powerSUITE Digital Power Supply Software Frequency Response Analyzer Tool for C2000 MCUs
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The Software Frequency Response Analyzer (SFRA) is one of several tools included in the powerSUITE Digital Power Supply Design Software Tools for C2000™ Microcontrollers. The SFRA includes a software library that enables developers to quickly measure the frequency response of their digital power converter. The SFRA library contains software functions that inject a frequency into the control loop and measure the response of the system using the C2000 MCUs’ on-chip analog to digital converter (ADC). This process provides the plant frequency response characteristics and the open loop gain frequency response of the closed loop system. The user can then view the plant and open loop gain frequency response on a PC-based GUI. All of the frequency response data is exported into a CSV file, or optionally an Excel spreadsheet, which can then be used to design the compensation loop using the Compensation Designer.
Maintained version of the library is available in the C2000Ware-DigitalPower-SDK. To get started using the SFRA in your own design, refer to “Chapter 2: Installing the SFRA Library” of the User’s Guide.
Older version with floating point support is available in controlSUITE , see User’s Guide.
The Software Frequency Response Analyzer GUI can be invoked in two ways:
- Launch Standalone:
- Download C2000Ware-DigitalPower-SDK
- Navigate to SFRA library directory inside the SDK and browse to the “gui” folder. Click on the Software Frequency Response Analyzer GUI icon to launch.
- To understand how the Software Frequency Response Analyzer and the Compensation Designer work together, a case study is outlined in “Case Study” Chapter of the User’s Guide.
- Launch from the Solution Adapter inside powerSUITE:
- Follow the steps on the Solution Adapter tool page.
- Double click on the Software Frequency Response Analyzer icon from within the final step of the configuration process.
- Click ‘Start Sweep’ to measure the frequency response of the digital power design.
- Easy-to-use software library functions for measuring system frequency response
- PC-based GUI for viewing Bode plots of power supply control loops
- The Software Frequency Response Analyzer is included as part of powerSUITE
- Software Frequency Response Analyzer (SFRA) Library Software
- Software Frequency Response Analyzer (SFRA) Library User’s Guide
- PC-based GUI for displaying Bode plots
- Software code example of the SFRA software test bench