SimpleLink CC26x2 SW Development Kit
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Order Options||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
Pricing may vary.
|Contact a Distributor|
Please note that this version of the SimpleLink CC26x2 SDK is for early evaluation only and is validated with pre-production silicon. Software compatibility after updated silicon is released is not guaranteed.
The SimpleLink SDKs are updated regularly, to get the latest release updates click Alert Me above.
The SimpleLink CC26x2 Software Development Kit (SDK) provides a complete package for the development of multi-standard, Bluetooth® Low Energy, Zigbee®, Thread, and 802.15.4-based applications for the CC2652 wireless MCU.
Bluetooth Low Energy
The SimpleLink™ CC26x2 Software Development Kit (SDK) includes the Texas Instruments royalty-free Bluetooth low energy (BLE) software protocol stack (BLE5-Stack) component supporting development of single-mode Bluetooth 5 applications on the ARM® Cortex®-M4F based SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2642R wireless MCU and SimpleLink Multi-Standard CC2652 wireless MCU. The BLE5-Stack includes all necessary software, sample applications and documentation to quickly get started with the development of standalone and network processor BLE applications. Refer to the feature set below and SDK release notes for a detailed description of the features available in this SDK.
The SimpleLink CC26x2 SDK includes tools, application examples, documentation and source code of the Thread 1.1 networking protocol based on openthread (github.com/openthread/openthread), an open-source implementation of the Thread networking stack. Example applications such as a door lock, window shades, thermostat and temperature sensor applications, based on Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) running atop of the Thread networking stack are released to kick-start the SW design of end equipment sets. Additionally, the SimpleLink CC26x2 SDK includes a Command-Line Interface (CLI) application and a Network Co-Processor (NCP) implementation, which can be used in combination with a host Thread border-router agent software as a whole Thread border router reference solution (https://github.com/openthread/borderrouter).
The SimpleLink CC26x2 SDK supports a Zigbee solution, delivered as plugin, which runs on the SimpleLink MCU framework (TI-RTOS, CCS). The Zigbee plugin contains everything needed for a Zigbee compliant solution, including tools, application examples, documentation, and source code. It also includes a Zigbee Pro compliant Zigbee stack, as well as example applications such as door lock, light, switch, temperature sensor and thermostat.
The Zigbee plugin also includes support for Zigbee Network Processor configuration, which can be used in two chip architectures where the host implements the Cluster Library and the Zigbee applications.
This release is available royalty-free to select customers using TI’s SimpleLink Multi-Standard CC2652 wireless MCU and runs on TI’s CC2652 LaunchPad™ development kit.
The CC26x2 SDK and its connectivity components are based on the SimpleLink™ MCU platform, a TI-home grown SW development framework described as below.
TI 15.4 Stack
The TI 15.4-Stack is an IEEE 802.15.4-based star topology networking solution for the 2.4 GHz band. This stack can be used as a foundation MAC layer to build complete IoT stacks on.
- Seamless OAD upgrade between BLE, Zigbee, Thread, and 802.15.4
- Bluetooth 5 core specification support (LE-only) for High Speed 2 Mbps mode, non-periodic Advertising Extensions (AE), Long Range broadcasts and connections using the LE Coded PHYs
- Implements all previous core Bluetooth 4.0 / 4.1 and 4.2 features including LE Secure Connections, Data Length Extension and Privacy 1.2.x
- Backwards compatible with devices implementing the Bluetooth 4.2 / 4.1 / 4.0 standard
- Project Zero sample application demonstrates typical peripheral role operations such as controlling LEDs, identifying button states and sending strings of data from a smartphone to the LaunchPad
- Standalone Peripheral, Broadcaster and Central sample applications to jump start development
- Simultaneous multiple master and/or slave connections with Multirole sample application
- Network Processor configuration for enabling BLE on existing non-wireless MCU applications
- Over-the-Air Download (OAD) firmware upgrade support for updating device firmware wirelessly from PC or smartphone applications
- Integrates with the second generation Sensor Controller Engine (SCE) for ultra-low power sensor applications
- Full integration with TI-RTOS and TI Drivers for automatic device power management and control of on board peripherals such as ADC, I2C, SPI, UART, timers, and crypto accelerators
- Based on Thread 1.1 openthread, update to the latest version on openthread
- Thread 1.1 certification
- Command Line Interpreter (CLI), Network-CoProcessor (NCP)
- Easy Integration with border router agent on openthread border router repository
- CoAP-based applications (Door Lock, Shade, Temperature Sensor, Thermostat)
- Power management optimizations
- Full border router support with off-Thread mesh commissioning and Thread commissioning app
- Zigbee Pro 2015 support
- Zigbee 3.0 support
- Example applications: door lock, door lock controller, thermostat, light, switch
- Zigbee Network Processor
- Zigbee OTA protocol support
- Compatibility with Z-Stack Linux Gateway
- Non-Beacon mode
- Pre-shared key AES security
- 250 kbit/s OQPSK-DSSS
- Sensor and collector (CSS and IAR) applications
- 802.15.4 MAC certification-ready for Zigbee
- Power management optimizations