View SimpliciTI Structure
SimpliciTI is a simple low-power RF network protocol aimed at small RF networks. Such networks typically contain battery operated devices which require long battery life, low data rate and low duty cycle and have a limited number of nodes talking directly to each other or through an access point or range extenders. Access point and range extenders are not required but provide extra functionality such as store and forward messages. With SimpliciTI the MCU resource requirements are minimal which results in the low system cost.
SimpliciTI was designed for easy implementation and deployment out-of-the-box on several TI RF platforms such as the MSP430 family of low-power MCUs and the CC1XXX/CC25XX/CC430 transceivers and SoCs. The sample applications run out-of-the-box on several hardware platforms:
- SmartRF04 + CC2430EM Development Board
- SmartRF05 + MSP430F2618 + CC2520EM Development Board
- MSP430FG4618/F2013 Experimenter Board with CC1100EM, CC1101EM or CC2500EM
- eZ430-RF2500 Development Tool
- CC430 Wireless Development Tool
- CC1110-CC1111DK and CC2510-CC2511DK
Download & Register (To Receive Update Notifications via e-mail)
SimpliciTI-IAR-1.2.0.exe for CC11xx, CC25xx and CC2x30 using IAR EW430 or EW8051
SimpliciTI-CCS-1.1.1.exe for CC1101, CC2500, CC2520 and CC430 using CCS for MSP430
By registering, we will be able to notify you of updates when they become available and provide instructions on how to perform the update.
Check out the TI Packet Sniffer for SimpliciTI below
The packet sniffer runs on CC2510DK/CC1110DK and can visualize the traffic on air in real-time.
- Low power - A TI proprietary low-power network protocol
- Direct device-to-device communication
- Simple star with access point for store and forward to end device
- Range extenders to increase range to 4 hops
- Simple - Utilizes a 5 command API
- Low data rate and low duty cycle
- Application examples:
- Alarm & security: occupancy sensors, light sensors, carbon monoxide sensors, glass-breakage detectors
- Smoke detectors
- Automatic meter reading: gas meters, water meters, e-meters
- Active RF-ID applications
SimpliciTI is supplied as full source code and the supplied projects can be compiled using the CCS and IAR EW430 for MSP430 or EW8051 for 8051 SoCs. Evaluation versions of the IAR compilers can be downloaded from www.iar.com. Small applications can be built using the free evaluation version. Please contact your local IAR office for further details.