4-Ch Analog Input Class-D Audio Amp EVM w/I2C Diagnostics & Protection for Auto Head Unit
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- TAS5404Q1EVM User Guide
(PDF 4338 KB)
02 Oct 2015
The TAS5404Q1EVM showcases TI’s cost-optimized 4-Ch Analog Input Class-D Audio Solution for Automotive Head Unit systems. The TAS5404 solution allows automotive customers the easiest transition from Class-AB systems to a smaller, lighter and more efficient Class-D solution at a comparable total system cost.
- TAS5404 delivers 25W per channel into 4-Ω with a 14.4-V supply and provides 2-Ω speaker driving capabilities to head units with no external amplifiers.
- TAS5404’s wide supply voltage capabilities, from 5.6-V to 18-V, makes it ideal for automotive head unit while delivering top-of-the-line performance during start-stop low voltage transient events.
- TAS5404 integrates I2C diagnostics and protection to match and surpass the highest standards for automotive quality and reliability.
- TAS5404 CISPR25-L5 compliant EMC performance simplifies system design, lowers development cost and accelerates time-to-market delivery.
- TAS5404Q1EVM features: Four analog inputs via two 3.5-mm stereo jack connectors, four speaker outputs via an 8-position terminal block and On-board USB-I2C controller for GUI-driven control and integrated diagnostics evaluation.
- 4-Ch 25-W/Ch 4-Ω with a 14.4-V supply
- 2-Ω speaker driving capabilities to head units
- I2C Diagnostics and Protection
- CISPR25, class 5 Radiated/Conducted Emission compliant
- Four analog inputs, four speaker outputs and on-board USB-I2C controller