TDA4VMx evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- Jacinto7 DRA829/TDA4VM Evaluation Module (EVM) Users Guide
(PDF 6727 KB)
29 Aug 2019
- Jacinto 7 EVM Quick Start Guide for TDA4VM and DRA829V Processors
(PDF 8851 KB)
10 Oct 2019
The TDA4VMXEVM is an evaluation platform designed to speed up development efforts and reduce time to market for ADAS applications.
The TDA4x EVM is based on a TDA4VMx System-on-Chip (SoC) that incorporates a powerful heterogeneous, scalable architecture that includes a mix of TI’s fixed and floating-point TMS320C66x Digital Signal Processor (DSP) cores, the C71x DSP Core and Matrix Math Accelerator for AI, Arm® Cortex®-A72 cores, integrated ISP and vision processing acceleration, 2D and 3D GPU cores, H.264 encode/H.265 decode acceleration. An on-chip Safety island featuring dual-lockstep R5F cores helps the system achieve ASIL-D level certification while reducing the need for an external safety microcontroller, further reducing system bill-of-materials. On-chip peripherals allow for multi-camera input via CSI-2 ports, vehicle connectivity based on PCI Express, CAN-FD and Gigabit Ethernet, and display connectivity via DSI interfaces.
The EVM is supported by the Processor SDK-Vision which includes foundational drivers, compute and vision kernels, and example application frameworks and demonstrations that show users how to take advantage of the powerful heterogeneous SoC architecture.
- J721E Processor
- Mates with the Common Processor board (SOM and CP are needed for base EVM functionality)
- Optimized power solution (PMIC)
- DRAM, LPDDR4‐3733, 4GByte total memory, support inline ECC
- Octal‐SPI NOR flash, 512Mb memory (8bit)
- HyperFlash + HyerRAM, 512Mb flash memory + 256Mb RAM
- Common Processor (CP) Board
- Mates with the processor SOM (SOM and CP are needed for base EVM functionality)
- UFS flash memory, 32GByte, 2Lane, Gear3
- USB3.1 type C interface, support DFP, DRP, UFP modes
- Display port, up to 4K resolution with MST support
- 2x PCIe card slot, 1x PCIe M.2 slot (M‐Key), all Gen3
- 16GB micro SD card
- Common processor board
- USB-A to micro USB-B cable (1.0m)
- USB-C male to USB 3.1 A male cable (1.0m)
- USB-C male to USB-A receptacle
- DisplayPort male to DisplayPort male cable (6.0 ft)
- Plug-to-plug RJ45 Ethernet cable (1.0m)
- Cable assembly – 2.5mm I.D. to wire leads (3.0 ft)