View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- TIDA-00121 Test Results
(PDF 1254 KB)
29 Jan 2014 436 views
This design is a 12A Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) solar charge controller with a 700mA LED driver. It is targeted for low power solar charger and LED driver solutions such as solar street lights. This design is capable of charging 12V batteries with up to 10A output current from 12V panels. However, it can be easily adapted to 24V systems by just changing the MOSFETs to 60V rated parts. Also, the design can drive up to 15 LEDs in series with 700mA of current. It is possible to adapt the design for LED currents up to 1.1A with minimum change in hardware. TI provides a complete solar inverting system for low power loads. Additionally this design takes real world considerations in to account, such as reverse battery protection, built-in battery charge profile for 12V Pb-acid batteries, and a highly efficient design. Together these provide new market entrants and faster time to market for their design.
- High efficiency: >95% for MPPT charger and >90% for LED driver
- Supports 15VDC - 22VDC Input Voltage Range
- Built in charge profile for 12V Pb-acid battery
- Flexible design adapts to 24V panels by only changing to 60V MOSFETs
- Capable of driving upto 15 LEDs with 700mA current
- Board Form Factor: 100 mm x 45 mm x 32 mm