View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
The TI Thunderbolt™ Single Port Peripheral reference design is optimized for Thunderbolt 2 systems which have a bandwidth of 20Gbps. The design utilizes the TPS65980 power management unit to reduce the BOM cost up to 50% and reduce the area about 40% over a discrete implementation. This design has been tested and certified at Intel for both self power and bus powered single port Thunderbolt systems.
- Tested & Certified Thunderbolt Design for Bus & Self-Powered Peripherals
- Provides a low cost and simple optimized design
- TPS65980 PMU powers the needed supplies and provides system control signals
- PCIe Connector for quick proto-typing w/ expansion cards
- Design guide and high level schematics provided