View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- EMC Compliant Single-Chip Resolver-to-Digital Converter (RDC) Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 11809 KB)
19 Jan 2017 1,005 views
The TIDA-00363 TI design provides a solution for EMC-compliant resolver-to-digital converter (RDC) with single-chip PGA411-Q1 with 12-bit angle resolution. PGA411-Q1's integrated boost-converter and exciter amplifier reduces system cost and board space compared to traditional RDC solutions. On-chip protection and diagnostic improve robustness against short-circuit and increase safery by detecting external fault conditions. A high-speed 3.3V SPI interface allows PGA411-Q1 configuration, diagnostics, angle and velocity information. Example firmware on a C2000 MCU allow for easy real-time evaluation of the TI design with angle data available at 16kHz sample rate for angle data read-out and register configuration through virtual COM port.
- Single-chip resolver-to-digital converter (RDC) with typical accuracy better than ±0.2 degree
- Exceeds IEC61800-3 EMC immunity
- ±8kV ESD CD per IEC61000-4-2
- ±4kV EFT per IEC61000-4-4
- ±2kV Surge per IEC61000-4-5
- Integrated exciter amplifier with 150mA output current and programmable (1-017V) boost power supply enables 60% PCB size reduction
- 24V input with wide input voltage range (12-42v/60V) and reverse polarity protection
- SPI interface (8MHz, 3.3V I/O). Parallel and ABZ/UVW output interface
- Option to use external 15-V exciter supply and/or external exciter amplifier
- Example firmware with C2000 MCU to read angle at 16kHz sample rate