View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Isolated Power Supply for PLC I/O Modules Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 9299 KB)
02 Apr 2015 483 views
The TIDA-00400 isolated power supply reference design provides multiple isolated outputs to supply the bias voltage needed in a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) IO module. It generates 3 isolated outputs: ±15V@30mA and +5V@40mA. These voltage rails can satisfy most of the required voltage rails in the IO modules, such as the Op-Amp, DAC bias, RS-485 transmitter and digital isolator power supplies.
- Wide input voltage range: 18 to 30 V (24 VNOM)
- Non-Isolated output: 3.3V with 50mA
- Three isolated outputs:
- +15V with 30mA
- -15V with 30mA
- +5V with 40mA
- Small form factor for space constrained I/O cards 51 x 51 x 8 mm (L x W x H)
- Primary-side regulation (no need for optocoupler) increases lifetime reliability