- Signal Processing Front-End for Electronic Trip Used in ACB/MCCB Design Guide
(PDF 3142 KB)
03 Jul 2015 128 views
THe TIDA-00498 reference design features signal processing front-end and self-power block for electronic trip unit (ETU) used in circuit breakers. A FRAM based micro-controller is used for processing current inputs from signal conditioning amplifiers for 3-phase, neutral and ground current. Two gains are used to extend the range for phase current measurement.
This reference design can also self-power using rectified current input. TIDA-00498 is desiged for fast and repeatable tripping (within 30mS) for wide current and temperature range.
- Measures three currents (phase) with input range of (0.2 to 12 INOMINAL) and two current (Neutral, Earth) with (0.05 to 2 INOMINAL) within ±3%
- Uses TI’s MSP430™ FRAM MCU for Fast Startup, Startup Time Including One-Cycle RMS Computation is < 30 ms
- Undervoltage Sense Provides Approximate 200-μs Reset Time After Power-Up
- Self-Power Supply (Rectified Current Input Based) With MOSFET-Based Shunt Regulation