View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Level 1 and Level 2 Electric Vehicle Service Equipment (EVSE) Design Guide
(PDF 3248 KB)
08 Dec 2015 917 views
This verified TI Design provides the foundation that you need to implement a J1772 compliant Level 1 & 2 electric vehicle service equipment. It showcases safe failure modes using TI’s peripheral drivers along with integrated fault checking. It has a configurable power delivery control and implements self-metering to ensure maximum power delivery to the electric vehicle (EV). It also includes a highly accurate energy meter for $/kWhr based billing models.
- Full implementation of a J1772 compliant service equipment
- High current relay drivers for support of high current contactors
- Standardized pilot wire signaling protocol
- Integrated utility meter grade energy measurement
- GFCI fault detection and protection
- Option for communication daughter card add in