- Convert a Power Supply Into Real Time Programmable CC-CV Source Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 1657 KB)
22 Feb 2016 380 views
The TIDA-00703 is a Digital Feedback controller board to convert analog power supplies into a real-time configurable Constant-Voltage Constant Current (CC-CV) source with dynamically variable output for performing complex battery charging profiles or driving CC/CV loads.This Reference design replaces the traditional analog feedback with a digital feedback. The Presence of an MCU in the feedback loop gives rise to real time monitoring and configuration capability along with an ability to implement non-linear control behavior.
- Designed to convert existing analog feedback to digital feedback.
- Adds real time configurability to the power stage for changing output voltage and current.
- Can be programmed to control power stages for wide range of output voltage and current
- Low standby power consumption of less than 2-mA
- Option for high side and low side current sensing
- SOC estimation of the Battery when used to control a power supply as Battery charger.
- Provides redundant protections for Overcurrent, Overvoltage, and Over-temperature.
- Tested and Validated with a TIDA-00355 Power stage.