View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 480-W, 97% η, Ultra-Compact (480 W/in³), Bidirectional DCDC Reference Design (Rev. A)
(PDF 4911 KB)
01 Mar 2017 1,342 views
The TIDA-00705 is an ultra-compact (1”x1”x1”) high efficiency bi-directional DC-DC power converter capable of delivering 480W for use in Local Energy Storage (LES) and Battery Back-up power applications, specifically designed for server PSUs embedded with battery backup units (BBU). The reference design is based on a 2 phase interleaved half-bridge power stage controlled using the UCD3138 digital power controller.The design has built-in Protection for DC-bus Over-current, Over-voltage & Battery Over Current, Overvoltage and has phase current balancing to distribute the heat.
- High efficiency of 97% as backup power supply, optimizes thermal management and extends battery backup time
- Ultra-compact unit with heatsink built-in (1”x1”x1”) and effective thermal management makes it a retrofit into existing server PSUs
- Delivers high power output 40A/12V as back-up supply and charges battery at 6A during normal operation
- Built-in battery charging CC-CV algorithm compatible for Li-ion and Li-Poly batteries
- Delivers continuous power output of >300W at minimal airflow of 200LFM and 190W without any airflow
- UCD3138A digital power supply controller solution enables programmability and configurability for different voltages and currents