View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 25W 88% Efficiency Multiple Isolated Output Auxiliary Server PSU Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 4949 KB)
05 Jul 2016 256 views
The TIDA-00706 reference design is a 25W, multiple output, auxiliary power supply designed for use in power converters targeted for Server, Telecom and Industrial system applications. This solution is a multiple output flyback converter implemented using the UCC28700 to provide Constant-Voltage (CV) and Constant-Current (CC) output regulation and uses quasi-resonant valley-switching to achieve higher efficiency. The design is compact and low cost due to minimal component count with all the necessary built-in protections such as output overcurrent and output short circuit. Hardware is designed and tested to pass EFT requirements and meets low power efficiency performance of Department of Energy (DoE) Level VI standards. Additionally, the design has a built-in eFuse for fault isolation on 12V main rail without affecting any other outputs.
- High average efficiency of 83.8% at 400VDC and 87.2% at 165VDC to meet DoE Level VI and EU CoC Tier-2 energy efficiency norms
- Peak efficiency of ~86% at 400VDC and ~88% at 165VDC at full load
- Low stand-by power (<100mW) to help meet no- load condition limits of multiple energy norms (DoE level VI and EU CoC Tier-2)
- Wide input voltage range from 120VDC to 400VDC to power universal input AC-DC converters
- Multiple outputs: -7.2/5/12V and isolated 6/7.2/11/12V to address all system rails in one unit