View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 2-MHz Automotive Class-D, 4-Channel, 20-W Audio Amplifier in Class AB Ref Design
(PDF 15002 KB)
17 May 2017 34 views
The TIDA-00743 reference design is a small module designed for evaluation of a digital-input class-D audio amplifier in a system which has been designed for a typical class AB audio power amplifier module. This design demonstrates the reduction in power dissipation that a class D amplifier provides. This design demonstrates how 2.1 MHz operation of a TAS6424-Q1 enables a compact power amplifier solution.
- Audio output power: 21W per channel at 1% THD+N
- Meets automotive CISPR25 Class-5 EMI requirements
- Wide power supply voltage range of 4.5V to 18V
- 40V load dump protection
- Small size: 42.3mm x 53.5mm