View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 15-W System-Level Power for Automotive Body Control Module Design Guide
(PDF 8368 KB)
23 Mar 2016 641 views
TIDA-00745 is a 14-W system-optimized (CISPR25 Class 4) SMPS design for an automotive body control module. All buck converters used in this design are switching at 2.1 MHz.
The design is divided into four major blocks:
- EMI filter: Common mode and a differential filter for conducted EMI suppression
- Preboost (TPS40210-Q1): Efficient low-cost nonsynchronous preboost design for 15-W application. The output is maintained at 7.5 V and when Vin > Vout (programmed boost out), the output follows the input and bypass operation is achieved (through a conducting PFET when Vin > programmed 7.5-V boost output).
- Buck converters (LM53603-Q1, LM53601-Q1, and LM26420-Q1): All converters switch at 2.1 MHz for AM band avoidance and having a small size solution. LM53603-Q1 and LM53601-Q1 are at the front end and both are synchronous wide Vin automotive buck converters with a high-level of integration.
- Downstream LDOs with trackable output voltage
- Lossless bypass operation; avoid loss in boost diode
- Wide Vin integrated front end DC/DC converters: LM53603-Q1, LM53601-Q1
- Pass CISPR 25 Class 3 FM radio band
- ICs AEC-Q100 qualified
- 3.5-V to 30-V (20-V OVP) wide Vin range; supports cold cranking conditions