View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 8-ch Isolated High Voltage Analog Input Module Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 1677 KB)
30 Aug 2016 1,485 views
The TIDA-00764 reference design is a high voltage analog input module with eight channels. Each channel can be used for both, voltage and current measurement. The TI Design uses the 16-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) ADS8681 that can handle input voltage of up to ±12.288V. This make any preprocessing of standard input voltages in the industrial space unnecessary. In addition, four channels of the design are able to handle common-mode (CM) voltages of up to ±160V. Therefore, the user does not need to worry about ground loops or compensation currents flowing between the connected inputs.
- High voltage inputs of up to ±12.288V
- Voltage and current measurement for every channel
- 4 channels with common-mode of up to ±160V
- -85dB crosstalk rejection for adjacent channels
- 100MOhm input impedance
- Surge transient immunity according to EN 61000-4-5 class 2 (±1kV, 24A)