- Operating a Low-Power, High Performance PLL Single-Cell Battery Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 2306 KB)
07 Oct 2016 185 views
The TIDA-00886 consists of the LMX2571, high-performance, wideband PLLatinum™ low-power RF synthesizer, powered by a single cell battery using TPS63050 a DC-DC buck-boost converter. The TIDA-00886 shows that the DC-DC buck-boost converter has a small to negligible effect on the phase noise performance of the LMX2571. The LMX2571 is very popular in 2-way radio applications as well as handheld test and measurement equipment. Although this is a low current consumption device, 39-mA in Synthesizer mode (Internal VCO) and 9mA in PLL mode (External VCO), efficiency is critical for battery operated applications.
- 3.3 Vdc output from the buck-boost to power LMX2571 from a battery
- 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range
- Any frequency from 10MHz to 1344MHz
- Efficiency >90% in boost mode and >95 % in Buck Mode