View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- High-Accuracy Logarithmic RMS Power Detector for WLAN Applications Design Guide
(PDF 1224 KB)
10 Dec 2015 81 views
Dynamic transmit-power control is critical for improving spectral efficiency and reducing adjacent channel interference in wireless local area networks (WLANs). In addition, regulatory agencies worldwide require that transmit power be limited to certain level to reduce interference with other communication equipment. Another benefit of transmit power control in WLAN systems is to prolong battery life by reducing power-supply voltage to the power amplifier. This TI design provides a solution for closed-loop dynamic transmit power control for WLAN application. Although this particular design implements WLAN transmit power control, similar concepts can be used to implement power control schemes for other wireless technologies, such as LTE.
Applications for transmit power control span a very wide range: from mobile handheld devices to industrial to automotive applications. For example, LMH2110 can be employed in automotive electronics to satisfy transmit power control needs of LTE or WiFi communication systems.
- High-accuracy logarithmic RMS power detection for WLAN transmit chain at 5 GHz to 6 GHz
- 45-dB linear-in-dB power detection range
- LOG conformance better than ±0.5 dB
- Highly temperature insensitive (±0.25 db over operating temperature range)
- Modulation independent response