- Spectrum Analyzer: Signal Conditioning/Processing for Capturing Arc Ref Design (Rev. C)
(PDF 5337 KB)
21 Jul 2017 604 views
The TIDA-00929 TI design demonstrates bandwidth optimized analog front end (AFE) and real-time FIR implementation using low power to capture broadband frequency spectrum in any waveform. Operational amplifier in each signal path is chosen based on the gain, signal bandwidth, low noise, close to the rail swing requirements while consuming low power. The waveform is processed in real-time both in frequency and time domain using mixed signal ultra low power microprocessor with built in vector math engine.
- Analog Front End (AFE) for effective passing both low frequency and high frequency while suppressing signal noise
- Capturing frequency content up to 100kHz in frequency domain by sampling the signal using 12-bit SAR ADC at 200ksps and performing real-time FIR filter in MSP430 using low energy accelerator (LEA) frequency domain by sampling the signal using 12-bit SAR ADC at 200ksps and performing real-time FIR filter in MSP430 using low energy accelerator
- High frequency time domain analysis: 1). Capturing arc signatures up to 3MHz using internal comparator of MSP430. 2) Noise capture up to 10MHz using external comparator.
- IQ requirement of 10mA is derived from single-phase AC supply of 85Vrms-270Vrms with capability of powering up to 100mA.
- Compatible with various sensors like shunt, CT or Rogowski coil