View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Energy Harvesting and Fault Indicator Subsystem Reference Design (Rev. A)
(PDF 3713 KB)
25 May 2017 1,031 views
The TIDA-00998 TI Design shows multiple architectures for extending primary battery life using a secondary battery or supercapacitor with energy harvested from a current transformer (CT) or solar cells. Optimal Power management is done using efficient LED Drivers to drive series or parallel strings of LEDs to control intensity for uniform 360° visibility.
- Solar energy harvesting to charge li-ion battery, autoswitching between primary and secondary battery to power LED driver and fault indicator AFE
- Interface to CT based load current harvesting subsystem to charge supercapacitor; PowerMux to autoswitch between supercapacitor and primary battery
- Drives up to six independent LEDs and three channels paralled to drive high current LED using LP55231
- Drives series connected LED strings using LM3509
- Three level intensity control based on ambient light sensed using OPT3001