View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- High Accuracy AC Current Measurement Using PCB Rogowski Coil Sensor Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 1704 KB)
05 Jul 2016 1,150 views
- TIDA-01063 Schematic and Block Diagram (Interface Board)
(PDF 373 KB)
07 Jun 2016 850 views
TIDA-01063 is a reference design for current sensing using a PCB Rogowski Coil sensor to achieve very good linearity for wide measurement range at very low system BOM cost. PCB Rogowski sensor is advantageous for isolated current measurement due to very high bandwidth of 20 MHz and fast settling time of 50 ns. Auto-zeroing, 12nV/√Hz noise density of INA188 makes it suitable to achieve 12 bit system resolution for full scale current of 1000 A. Using simple IIR digital integration algorithm and scalable sampling rate it is possible to achieve better magnitude and phase response.
- 0.058% Non-Linearity (Least Square Best Fit Straight Line)
- Very high sensor bandwidth of 20 MHz
- Uncalibrated accuracy of 0.2%
- Theoretical settling time of 50 ns
- No core saturation