View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Dynamic Voltage Scaling Power Solution for MSP430 Single Channel LDO Ref Design
(PDF 620 KB)
15 Jun 2016 427 views
This TI Design enables power savings for MSP430 FRAM devices or other systems that utilize a power-on hysteresis. The TIDA-01172 design uses an adjustable LDO and a RC time delay to switch from a higher start-up voltage to the final low-power operating voltage.
- Low power dissipation by operating at the lowest voltage of 1.8V instead of required start-up voltage of 2V
- No additional active components required
- Ripple-free and low-noise solution (no switching regulators and only one LDO)
- Available as booster pack but can be reduced to a small-solution size