View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Electronically Commutated Motor Ref Design for HVAC Blowers With Low BOM Cost (Rev. A)
(PDF 4316 KB)
23 Feb 2017 587 views
The TIDA-01353 reference design is a discrete MOSFET based three-phase ECM control module for driving brushless (BLDC) motors rated up to 375W in HVAC blower applications using a sensorless trapezoidal control method. The cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection feature protects the power stage from over currents and the board can work up to an ambient temperature of 85°C. This design also incorporates opto-isolation for 5 preset blower speed terminals available to the user, and is a direct replacement reference design for permanent split capacitor (PSC) motors.
- On-board temperature sensing
- Opto-coupling for circuit isolation
- Low cost, high efficiency sensorless ECM motor controller
- Current sensing using single shunt reistor on DC bus
- Sensorless trapezoidal control using the TI InstaSPIN-BLDC back-EMF integration method