View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Smart Backlight Control by White LED Driver, Ambient Light, and Proximity Sensor
(PDF 8629 KB)
22 Nov 2016 875 views
The TIDA-01364 TI Design conserves power and extends LCD backlight life by dynamically adjusting the LCD backlight brightness relative to the environment's ambient light levels. A capacitive proximity sensor saves power and increases the LCD backlight life by waking up the system from sleep or standby mode when a person approaches.
- Demonstrates EMI-resistant proximity detection using copper PCB material
- Excellent human eye spectral response matching with strong IR rejection (<1%)
- Dynamically adjusts backlight brightness on logarithmic scale based on how the human eye perceives brightness
- Even LED illumination controlled through white LED driver PWM without calibration
- Integrated backlight UV filter enables good performance in outdoor applications