View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- High-Power 6+1 Voltage Regulator Reference Design for Networking ASICs
(PDF 4003 KB)
14 Jul 2017 244 views
The TIDA-01367 reference design uses the TPS53679 multiphase controller and CSD95490Q5MC Smart Power Stages to implement a high-performance design suitable for powering networking application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
The dual outputs of the controller target a 240-A, 0.8-V core rail with a six-phase design and a 20-A, 0.85-V auxiliary rail. The smart power stages and integrated PMBus™ allow for easy output voltage setting and telemetry of key design parameters. This reference design enables configuration, Vout adjustment, and compensation adjustment of the power supply, while providing monitoring of input and output voltage, current, power, and temperature.
TI's Fusion Digital Power™ Designer is used for programming, monitoring, validation, and characterization of the system.
- Dual rail 6+1 design - high-powered core rail and single phase auxilliary rail
- PMBus programming of Vout, and other IC parameters, as well as voltage margining
- PMBus monitoring of input/output voltage, current, power, and temperature
- Peak efficiencies of 90 and 91% for core and aux rails