View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Driving DRL LEDs With Thermal Foldback Design Guide
(PDF 2140 KB)
24 Feb 2017 2,257 views
The TIDA-01382 reference design is a precision pulse width modulation (PWM) dimming solution for daytime running lights (DRL) including thermal foldback without requiring a microcontroller (MCU). The design includes key peripherals like electromagnetic interference (EMI) filtering, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) filerting, voltage conditioning (shunt regulator), thermal foldback, precision clock generation, and LED drive.
- Linear thermal foldback for LED protection
- Precision PWM signal with 2% accuracy
- Designed for operation through cold crank, load dump and reverse battery conditions
- Efficiency optimized design