View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 180-W, Dual-Channel, Step-Down Converter Ref Design w/ 97% Efficiency
(PDF 2565 KB)
28 Jun 2017 94 views
The TIDA-01444 reference design for server PSU, PC PSU, and other step-down converter applications implements a 180-W buck, dual-channel DC-DC converter with a regulatory 12-V DC input voltage designed to provide the terminal load voltage with greater than 97% efficiency and good thermal performance. The switching frequency synchronization between the dual channels is easily realized. The true differential remote sense of the dual outputs compensates the line voltage drop providing more accurate voltage for the terminal load. For improved high power density and a low profile, this integrated circuit reference design uses a planar inductor to replace the traditional discrete inductor. This TI Design has complete protection and temperature sense functions.
- 180W dual output buck converter
- Efficiency: 96% (typ) at 180W load; 97% (typ) at 83W load
- Switching frequency synchronization between dual-channel
- Differential remote sensing for both output channels
- Planner inductor as output inductor
- Compact form factor (47mm x 59mm) for compatible with server PSU application