View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 3- to 11.5-V Input, 1.5-A, –5-V Inverting Power Module Reference Design
(PDF 1231 KB)
21 Jun 2017 42 views
This small and simple, low-noise inverting power module design (voltage inverter) cleanly supports a –5-V output voltage at up to 1.5 A of current from a 3- to 11.5-V input. Featuring TI’s TPS82130 MicroSiP™ power module step-down converter in an inverting buck-boost topology, the design achieves a power density of 584 mW/mm3 and a solution size of less than 50 mm2, allowing it to power sensitive analog loads in space-constrained, high-temperature communications equipment, such as optical modules. This design also supports many common industrial equipment, including those that require a 5-V input and –5-V output voltage inverter at up to 1 A.
- Simple Power Module Design
- Total Solution Size Less Than 50mm2
- High Output Current of 1.5A (VIN ≥ 7.5V)
- Wide Input Voltage Range of 3V to 11.5V
- Low Noise (Less Than 10mV Output Ripple)
- 125°C Rated Solution