View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 80+ Platinum, 93% Efficiency, Super Transient 450-W AC/DC Reference Design
(PDF 849 KB)
11 Oct 2017 60 views
This reference design is a 450W high-efficiency and super transient AC/DC converter for desktop PC PSUs, gaming PC PSUs, entry-level server PSUs, and other low-cost AC/DC PSUs. The circuit consists of a front-end continuous conduction mode (CCM) power factor correction (PFC) circuit, followed by an LLC-based second stage. The design uses the UCC28180 controller for the PFC stage and UCC256301 controller for the LLC stage to achieve a compact and robust control structure. Synchronous rectification based on the UCC24612 and low RDS(on) FETs aids in achieving higher efficiencies. This reference design can be used as an AC/DC supply in many applications demanding efficient and super transient power conversion.
- Peak efficiency 93% @ 230VAC for whole stage
- Full power delivery across wide AC input range: 85 - 265VAC
- Leading transient performance (half duty-cycle response for line transient and dynamic load)
- Single layer PCB design to achieve low solution cost
- Robust protection built in