View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Fire, CO Alarm Detector Ref Design w/ Low BOM Cost and Integrated Battery Backup
(PDF 22195 KB)
10 Oct 2017 31 views
This reference design is a carbon monoxide (CO) and fire alarm detector reference design which can identify typical alarm sounds, and has the wireless capabilities to alert the user if one is detected. This design is intended for home automation and "smart" environmental sensing. Once a 3kHz or 520Hz signal frequency is identified based on FFT power spectral density analysis, this system determines whether an
alarm is occurring which can then be used with sensor to cloud to alert the homeowner in the case of an alarm outside of their detectible hearing range.
- 3kHz and 520Hz alarm target frequencies
- CO and fire alarm detection
- Low BOM cost design
- Variable microphone gain based on proximity to alarm
- Sub-1GHz wireless communication enabled for sensor to cloud configuration