- Handshaking Adjustable Adapters and Battery Chargers Design Guide
(PDF 918 KB)
09 Jan 2017 996 views
The TIDA-03029 reference design is a software implementation that uses an integrated programmable digital to analog driver to interface with an adjustable high voltage dedicated charging port. This solution allows for charging efficiency optimization by modifying the adapter output voltage according to the charge current requirements.
- High input voltage operation from 3.9V to 14V to enable high power and fast charging application
- Charge efficiency of 93% at 2A and 91% at 3A
- Input current limit from 100mA to 3.25A with 50mA resolution to support high voltage adapters.
- Integrated programmable DAC driver (HIZ, 0V,0.6V,1.2V, 2V,2.7V,3.3V) to emulate USB non-standard adapters