View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
Narrowband is an industry standard way to get long range RF communication with higher immunity to interference versus wide band solutions. Use this reference design to test out the longest range solution from TI for your Internet of Things (IoT) applications. The tool for 868 to 915 MHz uses the CC1120DK, where the crystal on the evaluation module is replaced by a TCXO, together with a SW solution optimized for narrowband long range communication.
- ULtra-narrowband, long range communication with minimal impact from other wireless interferers
- Over 100 km range possible, 1.3 km range in dense urban environment with sensitivity of -124 dBm @868 MHz with +14 dBm output power
- Excellent co-existence properties gives highly reliable communication in real-world environments
- High spectrum efficiency allows for more solutions operating simultaneously
- The demo tool includes test software optimized for narrowband long range communication available on-line, long range mode demo User Guide, and a Wiki page with details about the implementation and test results