View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Short Range Radar Reference Design Using AWR1642 (Rev. B)
(PDF 2688 KB)
09 Jan 2018 4,237 views
The TIDEP-0092 reference design provides a foundation for short-range radar (SRR) applications using the AWR1642 evaluation module (EVM). This design allows the estimation and tracking of the position (in the azimuthal plane) and velocity of objects in its field of view up to 80 m, travelling as fast as 90kmph. The AWR1642 is configured to be a multi-mode radar, meaning that, while it tracks objects at 80m, it can also generate a rich point cloud of objects at 20m, so that both cars at a distance, and smaller obstacles close-by can be detected.
- Single-chip FMCW radio detection and ranging (RADAR) for SRR applications
- Detect objects (such as cars and trucks) up to 80 m away with range resolution of 35 cm; objects 20-m away detectable with resolution of 4.3 cm
- Clustering and tracking on detected outputs
- Antenna field of view ±60° with angular resolution of approximately 15°
- Source code for fast Fourier transform (FFT) processing and detection provided by mmWave software development kit (SDK)
- AWR1642 EVM demonstrates the design
- Radar front-end and detection configuration fully explained