- Tamagawa Encoder Interface Protocol on AM437x Reference Design
(PDF 3096 KB)
15 Sep 2017 211 views
The commonly-accepted existing solution to interface Tamagawa SmartAbs full-absolute or Smart Inc encoders with a drive feedback and control system is to use a Smartceiver AU5561N1. Use of these receivers requires additional components, complexity, and costs to the system. This reference design details a compatible receiver implementation using Sitara™ AM437x processors, which have an Arm® Cortex®-A9 core and multiple instances of PRU-ICSS. This receiver implementation bypasses the requirement for additional components because a single instance of PRU-ICSS controls the Tamagawa encoder, while the ARM device and remaining PRU-ICSS resources handle the drive control, current sense, and industrial communications. This implementation allows for a cost-effective, single-chip, industrial drive and communication solution.
- Tamagawa receiver on AM437x using PRU-ICSS
- Tamagawa smartceiver AU5561N1 compatible
- Supports 2.5Mbps full-absolute SmartAbs and SmartInc encoders
- Supports data readout and reset frames