View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Real-Time Ethernet Tracer for PRU-ICSS Reference Design
(PDF 2000 KB)
24 Oct 2016 11 views
Real-time ethernet and industrial ethernet are used in the factory automation floor to control automated production. Monitoring the ethernet traffic in such areas is an essential maintains and error analysis tool. The TIDEP0064 reference design is a real-time ethernet tracer implementation for the Programmable Real-time Unit and Industrial Communication Subsystem (PRU-ICSS) that is set inside an industrial ethernet network as passive tracer device, and enables to monitor and record all ethernet frames including frame time stamping without modifying the ethernet traffic. This reference design enables customers to build products for network analysis in factory automation and industrial communication.
- Monitor and trace function for industrial ethernet packets
- Packet time stamping in nanosecond resolution
- 64-bit time stamping supported
- Gbit ethernet PHY uplink
- PRU firmware and ARM driver in source code to enable customer differentiation