View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Ultrasonic Gas Meter Front End With MSP430™ Reference Design
(PDF 7817 KB)
14 Mar 2017 866 views
The TIDM-1002 reference design helps designers develop an ultrasonic gas metering sub-system using a unique proprietary algorithm and an analog-to-digital converter (ADC) based sampling technique. The TIDM-1002 is based on a 256-KB MSP430™ microcontroller (MCU), the MSP430FR5994, with integrated low energy accelerator (LEA) for digital signal processing and discrete analog front end (AFE) chipsets, which provide superior metrology performance with low-power consumption.
- Best-in-class metrology performance: <1ns zero flow drift and <2ns single shot standard deviation
- Low-power consumption: <50µA with 400kHz transducer and 1 sample per second
- Flexibility to test different meters and transducers
- Easy to test and customize using a PC graphical user interface
- Compatible with LaunchPad™ development kit ecosystem