View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- EnDat 2.2 Absolute Encoder Master Interface Reference Design for C2000™ MCUs
(PDF 13034 KB)
25 Sep 2017 239 views
C2000 Position Manager technology offers an integrated solution to interface to digital absolute encoders as well as resolvers and SINCOS transducers eliminating the need for commonly used additional circuits in industrial inverter and servo drives. The PositionManager BoosterPack, described by TIDA-1008, is a flexible low voltage platform intended for evaluating various encoder interfaces and designed to work with Position Manager-enabled LaunchPads such as the LAUNCHXL-F28379D. The highly optimized, easy-to-use library and example software delivered with TIDA-1008 support the EnDat 2.2 and EnDat 2.1 standard.
- Flexible low voltage design supports multiple absolute encoder interfaces as well as Resolver and SINCOS sensors
- TIDA-1008 works with C2000 Position Manager-ready MCUs (via LaunchPad) for Integrated EnDat2.2 and EnDat 2.1 digital protocol solution
- Easy interface to EnDat2.2 commands via software driver functions and data structures
- C28x optimized CRC algorithm and data unpacking
- Up to 8 MHz EnDat clock supported. Operation verified for up to 100m cable length
- TIDM-1008 includes an evaluation board and a software example showcasing the EnDat22 Software library