- Three-Phase Metrology w/ Enhanced ESD Protection & Tamper Detection Design Guide
(PDF 4157 KB)
18 Mar 2015 457 views
This design implements an ANSI/IEC Class 0.2 three-phase energy meter with enhanced ESD protection. The design also features tamper detection to limit the feasibility of energy theft and communications through ZigBee™ connectivity. The e-meter SoC is used to perform all metrology functions and sends active power results to the CC2530EM add-on board. Developers can use the companion In Home Display TI Design (TIDM-LOWEND-IHD) to display results remotely.
• Three-Phase meter with tamper detection which exceeds Class 0.2 accuracy requirements from ANSI and IEC
• Passed IEC 61000-4-2 level-4 air discharge tests(see design guide for details)
• TI Energy Library firmware calculates all energy measurement parameters including active and reactive power and energy, RMS current and voltage, power factor, and line frequency.
• Support for ZigBee ® Communication to In Home Display or connections to Wi-Fi®, Wireless M-Bus, and IEEE-802.15.4g add-on communications modules.
• Automated or manual switching between main and auxiliary power sources for metrology engine.