View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
This design, featuring the TMS320F2803x Piccolo microcontroller, implements a high efficiency multi-channel DC-DC LED control system for typically automotive lighting systems. The design support up to 6 channels of LED controls each with maximum of 1.2A current driving capabilities. With a two stage power topology of boost and buck, the system can be operated with a wide input DC voltage from 8V to 20V, which fits perfectly in automotive applications.
- Up to 6 channels of high density DC-DC LED driving capability
- High overall efficiency of about 86% at stable maximum output
- Wide input operation voltage range from 8V to 20V
- Very low ripple current on each LED channel with +/- 1mA at constant output
- Controlled and monitored via CAN communication interface with pre-defined open protocol. Easy to adapt to various end users.
- Over voltage and over current protection. 45V load dump protection